Sunday, January 23, 2022

Wine Experience Introduction

I am very excited to create my wine blog and to share my future wine experiences! In the past year or so, I have gained an interest in learning about and trying new wines.  When I first started drinking wine, I was into the sweet, light-tasting wines such as Riesling and Moscato.  I love the taste of these wines and enjoy drinking them casually with or without a meal.  I found that these were great introductory wines due to the fact that the sweetness and lack of dry/strong taste was perfect for my inexperienced palette.  Once I introduced myself to these sweet wines, I started to appreciate the taste of the wine and decided that I wanted to explore more types of wines that I could drink with meals and experience the flavors of different vineyards around the country and world. 

Last spring, I was introduced to red wine and found that red blends were something that I really enjoyed.  Throughout the spring, I tried a bunch of different red blends.  Usually, I would drink the red blend with my dinner for the night.  I found that red blends paired best with pasta meals such as Penne Alla Vodka. Throughout my time experiencing red blends, I found that the red blends I loved most contained Zinfandel and Cabernet Sauvignon. Thus, I started trying some Cab Savs and Zinfandel wines and realized I really enjoyed those reds as well.  

After my experience with red and sweet wines, I started getting into dryer, less sweet white wines.  I've tried a few white wines such as Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, and Pinot Grigio.  From my small pool of white wines, I have tasted, I have found that my favorite white is Pinot Grigio.  I tend to pair my white wines with chicken meals, which has worked out wonderfully so far.  

In terms of my wine experience, I would consider myself a new wine drinker with a lot to taste and learn about wine.  Throughout this wine course, I hope to learn more about what goes into making a wine and what I enjoy in wine.  Right now, I have an idea of the types of wine I like.  After this course, I would like to have an idea of the different grapes I like, the different regions I enjoy wine from, what I like to pair different wines with, and how different wine types vary from one another in terms of production and ingredients. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting - Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio

Name:  Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio Variety:  100% Pinot Grigio Region:  Venizie Country:  Italy Year:  2020 Price:  $15.00 Wine Critic Review: ...