Sunday, January 23, 2022

Wine Tasting - Ste Chateau Michelle Pinot Gris

Name: Ste Chateau Michelle Pinot Gris
Variety: 100% Pinot Gris
Region: Columbia Valley, Washington State
Country: USA
Year: 2020
Price: $8.99

Wine Critic Review: 
Now that we/I've established that I DO NOT like Pinot Grigio, I needed to discover some Pinot Gris. This Washington state gem is AMAZING for its price! Excellent QPR! Pear, pear & more pear everywhere with some honeydew melon, gooseberry, elderberry, lychee & chestnut. Beautiful structure, perfect, balanced acidity, tartness & dryness with compensating sweetness & a lingering, creamy, yet crisp finish, interestingly enough! 🤔 Just yummy! Amazing for the price! - Vivino Wine Review (11/13/2021)


Wine Folly: Page 149 - Pinot Gris General Page
I definitely get the sweetness mentioned and do taste the zest as mentioned in Wine Folly. It was mentioned that Pinot Gris ranges from dry to plain sweet, and I think this one leans more on the sweet side than the dry side.  I do not sense white peach or raw almond flavors, however I do get a melon and pear taste.  Additionally, I definitely taste a lemon zest flavor as well as experience a tiny scent of crushed gravel. 

My Review: I definitely enjoyed this white wine! It is a perfect in between of dry and sweet and seems to pair excellent with food. Tarte pear is apparent both in the scent as well as flavor of the wine.  The wine tastes of pear, white peach, and some lemon zest after tones.  I paired this wine with a lemon-garlic chicken meal.  This wine really seemed to complement the lemon flavored marinade of the chicken.  Will definitely be trying this wine again with more acidic flavored marinades. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting - Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio

Name:  Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio Variety:  100% Pinot Grigio Region:  Venizie Country:  Italy Year:  2020 Price:  $15.00 Wine Critic Review: ...