Sunday, January 30, 2022

Wine Tasting - Psyche Rosé

 Name: Psyche Rosé Wine

Variety: 100% Pinot Noir
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2019
Price: $9.99

Wine Critic Review: 
Ripe and candied fruit character Watermelon jolly rancher, white cherry, orange bubblegum, chalk Unflawed, but didn't care for it. - Vivino Wine Review (December 2020)


Wine Folly: Page 150 - Pinot Noir General Page
I taste the fruity flavors of cherry and raspberry as well as a rich flavor of cloves.  The primary taste and smell is of tarte raspberry.  I did not decant this wine for 30 minutes as recommended but I do not feel as though missing this step made me miss out on many flavors.  This rosé appeared to be light bodied as mentioned in wine folly.  I am missing tastes of mushroom and vanilla that were featured as a flavor in pinot noir wines. 
Page 151 - Pinot Noir Region Based Page
I do get the ripe, boisterous fruit flavors that are present in pinot noir wines from warmer climates such as CA.

My Review: I enjoyed sipping on this Rosé wine! This wine was tasted in flavors of tarte, crisp fruit and smelled of spices and fruits.  I also loved the hint of spice that I got from this dry wine.  I paired this wine with a lemon-garlic chicken meal.  I drank this wine as a pre-meal sip and drank it with my appetizer salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting - Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio

Name:  Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio Variety:  100% Pinot Grigio Region:  Venizie Country:  Italy Year:  2020 Price:  $15.00 Wine Critic Review: ...