Sunday, February 20, 2022

Wine Tasting - House Wine Spritzer



Name:
 House Wine Old Fashioned Lemonade

Variety: Fruit Blends, Chardonnay
Region: Washington
Country: USA
Year: 2020

Price: $5.00

Wine Critic Review: 
Good but super sweet. I won't buy again, just too sweet for me but not bad at all. -Total Wine Review (January 2021)


Wine Folly: Page 96 - Chardonnay
This wine is best served cold in an aroma collector glass to get all of the scent and aromas of the wine.  I drank this wine out of a can, which limited my ability to properly aerate and sniff the wine while drinking and tasting.  In this wine, I tasted very strong citrus and yellow apple flavor with a little bit of vanilla.  I did not get any buttery smoothness or taste and did not taste pineapple flavors. 

My Review: Although initially turned off by the idea of drinking wine from a can, this house wine surprised me.  I have had House Wine from the bottle and have liked it in the past and this one from the can was very tasty and seemed to be blasting with flavor and sweetness, which is good for my palette.  I enjoyed the size of the can too, as it allowed me to open a can and finish it in one sitting and not worry about it sitting out for too long.  I drank this wine alone, as it was very tasty and didn't seem like it was missing any food pairings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting - Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio

Name:  Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio Variety:  100% Pinot Grigio Region:  Venizie Country:  Italy Year:  2020 Price:  $15.00 Wine Critic Review: ...