Friday, March 11, 2022

Wine Tasting - Sierra Pines Chardonnay

 Name: Sierra Pines Chardonnay

Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: Not Listed

Price: $2.99

Wine Critic Review: 
Light, bland, flat, thin, and unoaked. But it is, at least, dry. After the first glass, putting it into an ice cube tray for future cooking- Vivino Wine Review (March 2019)

Wine Folly: Chardonnay Guide Page
In this wine, I got the starfruit and yellow apple tastes with a possible subtle hint of butter. Apparently chardonnay is best paired with lobster, which I did not do but I did pair with seafood so which is up the alley of lobster. I do not think this wine was aged in oak according to taste but I definitely experienced the creamy body of the wine. 

My Review: I personally enjoyed this wine.  I originally bought it to be used as a cooking wine but decided to drink the left over wine as a pairing with my seafood pasta dish.  The creamy sensation of the wine brought out the buttery taste of the pasta and enhanced the taste of the clams.  For the extremely low price of this wine, I was pleasantly surprised by the crisp and bold tastes of the wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting - Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio

Name:  Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio Variety:  100% Pinot Grigio Region:  Venizie Country:  Italy Year:  2020 Price:  $15.00 Wine Critic Review: ...