Sunday, February 20, 2022

Wine Tasting - Seaglass Sauvignon Blanc

Name: Seaglass

Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Central Coast California
Country: USA
Year: 2020

Price: $13.99

Wine Critic Review: 
Light straw yellow color. Aromas of grass and lime. Relatively soft attack but with lots of acidity. Smooth with flavors of grapefruit and lime. Short finish. Light and refreshing. More on the elegant side than the party side sauvignon blancs. - Vivino Wine Review (January 2022)


Wine Folly: Page 165 - Sav Blanc Wine Page
This wine is best served in a white wine glass chilled.  I drank this wine chilled, however, I did drink from a stemless wine glass, which could have slightly effected my experience.  I definitely get the white peach and grapefruit flavors in taste and the passion-fruit scent of the wine. This wine is high in acidity and semi-sweet, which is something that I am not surprised about after tasting. 

My Review: I so enjoyed this wine that I went back and bought it a few times after initially trying it.  Sauvignon blanc is typically my favorite wine and this one specifically is one of the best ones I have had.  It smelt floral with a hint of fresh grass and grapefruit.  The taste of the wine was a grapefruit with a hint of herbal flavors. I paired this wine with ramen which was a wonderful pairing because the wine brought out the herbal tastes of the ramen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting - Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio

Name:  Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio Variety:  100% Pinot Grigio Region:  Venizie Country:  Italy Year:  2020 Price:  $15.00 Wine Critic Review: ...