Sunday, March 27, 2022

Wine Tasting - Menage a Trois Pinot Grigio

Name: Menage a Trois Pinot Grigio

Variety: 100% Pinot Grigio
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2019

Price: $12.25

Wine Critic Review: 
Doesn't taste like a traditional Pinot Gris but still tasty. This is a wine to enjoy at a get together or dinner for two. The taste is slightly sweet peach with heavy zest of lime, citrus, green apple, pear and a bit of minerality. Very drinkable. (October 2021)

Wine Folly: Pinot Gris Guide Page
I drank this wine chilled and non-aged.  In the flavors, I definitely got the cantalope and raw almond flavors with lemon zest lingering in the aroma of the wine. I did not get crushed gravel in the taste or smell of the wine.  I also didn't get white peach flavors in the taste of the wine, however, maybe there was a little bit in the aftertaste. I think this was a sweeter pinot grigio. 

My Review: I enjoyed this wine.  I love the red blends from this same vineyard because of their smoothness so I decided to try a Pinot Gris from the same vineyard.  Oddly enough, this wine had some enjoyable smoothness to it that I was not expecting to get from a white wine.  It was pretty full bodied and I would say creamy in flavor with hints of banana.  It was pretty sweet and had a perfect acidity level. I just drank this wine on its own and enjoyed it as such.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting - Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio

Name:  Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio Variety:  100% Pinot Grigio Region:  Venizie Country:  Italy Year:  2020 Price:  $15.00 Wine Critic Review: ...