Sunday, February 27, 2022

Wine Tasting - Santola Vinho Verde

Name: Santola Vinho Verde

Variety: Blend of Louriero and Pederna
Region: Minho
Country: Portugal
Year: 2019

Price: $8.99

Wine Critic Review: 
Acidic and dry but at the same time fruity with notes of green apples. Enjoyed with a chicken goat cheese salad in Litehouse in Lichterfelde West, Berlin - Vivino Wine Review (July 2020)

Wine Folly: Page 184 - Vinho Verde Wine Page
This wine was a still fruity white wine. Wine folly states that it has ore acidity then anything else and that is definitely something I noticed with this wine - a noticeably dramatic acidity. I get the lemonade, lime zest and white blossom flavors.  Something I was missing was a pink grapefruit flavor and I got apple flavor, however, I tasted more green apple then yellow apple.  I did not drink this wine chilled as recommended in wine folly. 

My Review: I thought this wine was alright.  The smell of this wine was a little bit vinegary and zesty.  The wine tastes like green apple with a little bit of lemon and sugar.  I do feel like the wine was a little bit too acidic which caused me to experience a lack of balance in the wine.  I paired this wine with shrimp tacos since and I think the wine complimented the shrimp and brought out the cilantro in the tacos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting - Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio

Name:  Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio Variety:  100% Pinot Grigio Region:  Venizie Country:  Italy Year:  2020 Price:  $15.00 Wine Critic Review: ...