Sunday, February 27, 2022

Wine Tasting - Schmitt Sohne Libfraumilch

Name: Schmitt Sohne Liebfraumilch

Variety: 100% Riesling
Region: Rheinhessen

Country: Germany
Year: 2020

Price: $6.99

Wine Critic Review: 
What a surprise! Really didn’t excpect this when I was buying this wine for 2.99€ !!! It’s not only decent, it’s actually good! On the nose - Green apple, pear, bird cherry tree blossom, lime. On the palate - Asian pear, honey, green apple, a hint of orange. It starts sweet and ends slightly acidic. Finnish is short, but pleasant. A very nice mid-day wine to drink on it’s own. Will definitely stock up on this wine! Vivino Wine Review (May 2020)

Wine Folly: Riesling Guide Page
There is no information on Liebfraumilch besides that it it is 'a cheap white sweet wine'. This wine is made of Riesling grapes from Germany.  I get the pineapple and pear fruity flavors and citrus blossom aroma.  I did not get any apple or apricot flavors.  I did drink this wine chilled. 

My Review: This wine was a wonderful sipping wine! It was very sweet and had very fruity but also sour flavors due to its acidity.  It was medium-bodied and had a pleasant smoothness.  I did not pair this wine with food I just drank it on its own.  The main smells I got were floral scents and the main taste was that of lemon and pear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting - Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio

Name:  Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio Variety:  100% Pinot Grigio Region:  Venizie Country:  Italy Year:  2020 Price:  $15.00 Wine Critic Review: ...