Friday, March 11, 2022

Wine Tasting - Prophecy Sauvignon Blanc

Name: Prophecy Sauvignon Blanc

Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Marlborough
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2020

Price: $8.99

Wine Critic Review: 
This is great for me. It’s light and citrus forward. Grapefruit and a bit thick. What would make this perfect is a thinner, lighter body (less pulpy) and sweet.- Vivino Wine Review (March 2020)

Wine Folly: Sauvignon Blanc Guide Page 165
I definitely get high levels of grapefruit and passionfruit flavors with subtle undertones of honeydew.  I drank this wine chilled as recommended which made the grapefruit flavor more crisp. I do not taste the white peach flavor nor do I get any gooseberry.  

My Review: I always love me a good Sav Blanc.  This one was pretty good. it was definitely a fuller bodied white wine compared to other white wines I've had, which just made the wine better paired with food then alone.  I paired this wine with a ramen meal that was quite herbaceous. I think the wine kind of dimmed down the herbs in my meal while the meal brought out some herby flavors in the wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting - Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio

Name:  Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio Variety:  100% Pinot Grigio Region:  Venizie Country:  Italy Year:  2020 Price:  $15.00 Wine Critic Review: ...